Building a team of leadersCareers
For Big Impact Through Small Business
Bookkeeper with Growth Potential
Hours of Work: 40 hours per month to start, concentrated in the first two weeks of the month. Flexible schedule with option to increase hours and expand career path as company grows.
Location: Providence, Armory district (during training).
Highly qualified remote applicants will be considered.
Once you are independent and performing at a high level, you have the option of working on-site or remotely.
Compensation per hour: $20-25 to start with increasing pay commensurate with performance
Start Date: December 5th
We are seeking a number-loving individual who is fueled by providing top notch service to entrepreneurs and who has extensive service as a bookkeeper serving small businesses and working in QuickBooks Online.
We want to utilize your incredible analytical skills and your detail-orientation to support our clients, and to ultimately contribute to a growing financial software company.
WHAT WE DO
We see financial data as the foundation to small business decision making and profitability. Our accounting services are the first step for our clients in understanding the growth/profit potential of their business. We are a financial services company in the midst of transforming into a financial tech company. Therefore, the work that we do with clients, and what we learn from it, has the potential to make a far greater impact.
- Code and reconcile client books on a monthly basis
- Tie books to tax returns and POS system
- Perform catch-up/clean-up work on severely distressed accounting records
- Re-design chart of accounts following in-house procedures and using skills/experience
- Perform Desktop-to-Online QuickBooks conversions
- Map Industry POS system to QuickBooks Online using in-house procedures
- Other advanced activities and opportunities as you become more fluent
WE WANT TO MEET YOU BECAUSE YOU
- Are a QuickBooks/small business accounting master
- Understand the importance of meeting deadlines every single month
- Are able to code and reconcile 20-30 client accounts per month once you are full-time, including POS reconciliation
- Perceptive enough to suggest system/process improvements based on your experience, yet willing to adhere to the standard practices of the company when relevant, and able to see how your individual work/actions fit into the bigger picture.
- Trustworthy – you are legally responsible for safeguarding confidential information
- Possess great communication skills and know-how that help facilitate respect, ease, and flow with your leader and the extended team
- Are coachable, and receive feedback with ease
- Anticipate needs of clients and are fulfilled by serving others
- Are able to focus on detailed work for long periods of time
- You know the ins and outs of data
- Understand small business
TOOLS YOU WILL USE
Expert Proficiency Required
- QuickBooks Online
- MS Excel
- Google Sheets
Working Knowledge of
- QuickBooks Desktop
Bonus if you Know
Other Tools you will Use/Learn
- Industry Point of Sale Systems
- Our Software
- 5 years small business bookkeeping experience. It is important that you have worked with many small businesses.
- Alternatively: 3 years bookkeeping experience as described above + an accounting degree
- QuickBooks Online Certification within on month of hire if not already certified. You must complete certification on your own time. Final applicants will be tested during the interview process.
- Please do not apply if you are building your own business/practice. We are looking for someone to stay with us for the long-haul.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We hire people focused on positive growth and performance. Time-punchers need not apply. You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself and your work; we do not micromanage. The rewards for you are flexibility and the ability to define your path and grow with the company as befits your strengths. We are building a team of professional, competent and highly engaged leaders whose goal is to amplify learning through access to numbers.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume and references to email@example.com using the subject line: November 2019 – I love accounting. Only candidates who fit our hiring criteria will be contacted for a videoconferencing interview. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CANDIDATES ARE WELCOME TO APPLY PRIOR TO CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON 11/15.
A background check commensurate with applicable law will be performed prior to hiring.